Monday, December 13, 2010

Remorse versus Acceptance



Remorse
noun
guilt: a strong feeling of guilt and regret

   Seven words, the word remorse has. It is a noun meaning "a strong feeling of guilt and regret," as defined by Encarta. What is remorse? What is its significance in this world? How does it affect people who experience it? There are many is an answer that suits every question aforementioned.
   When I was younger than I am in this very present time, I used to draw myself out of everything that might help me express myself. I used to be reluctant about everything I thought I had to say, to act, and to believe. I was guilty of being a fool. I was a lukewarm dreamer who failed to translate my thoughts and beliefs into actions. I was a dreaming rock. I was so afraid of embarrassments that I hadn't been able to do what I thought is right. I was afraid of being unheard and unnoticed.
   The shadows of regrets still haunt me now. As I sit here typing this blog, my mind is running around the past truth that I was a bit of an utter coward who let fear intervene. I was a fool to have let my abilities rot. So now I am here, imagining things that could have been if only I tried. I am left with if only's and reminiscence.
   Of course, I know there were a plenty of opportunities. I know that I should have been fearless enough to make something I know I could have been proud of. I know it must have been right to stand on my own and erect my own tower of triumphs. Now, the opportunities are gone.
   I allowed fear and darkness to overpower me. I didn't attempt to fight them back. I just waited for the time to see myself beaten in a bout.
   I had the capacity to make a change in my life, but I just overlooked it. I had skills to show everyone, but I didn't believe myself. I had the wisdom to be a person of change, but I never thought that I could do something special by my own. These are the things that but's bring about to us, including me.

Acceptance
noun
coming to terms with something: the realization 
of a fact or truth and the process of coming to terms with it 


   Acceptance is a plain word meaning I have to desert my past mistakes and the naive and timid one that I once was. Regardless of the many anxieties and distresses that endeavor to deter me, I have to set off a journey to an abundant future.
   It is not that I desire being famed and prestigious; it is not that I crave an eminent and unsurpassed name. It is just that life whispers to me that I am duty-bound to free myself from erroneous recognition of others. They must know the person I really am, not the person they think I am. I no longer want to conceal myself behind a mask. I know I have to make the needful motion towards the realization of the person I am obliged to be.
   I am who I am and not who they think I am. I have my own name, and I can bejewel it with a diamond of courage, a ruby of perseverance, a sapphire of righteousness, a jade of strength, and emerald of immunity against fears.
   There is still a very long time for me to fight the tremendous fears of past. I should make amends with myself because I had been stupid. It is now the time for me to rise up. I am still young, constructing a fence made from mixture of hope and determination against worries ad weaknesses.
   I am of belief that I can make it further. I'm not a dreaming rock anymore. I am evolving into an intrepid, high-soaring eagle which tries to reach the highest part of the blue. "Nothing will have the right to thwart me," I sternly conclude.

No comments:

Post a Comment