Monday, December 13, 2010

Goodbye, My Friend


With you, I knew what happiness is.
The tears of my heart are dried by your words.
I became better than I used to be,
But for now we should take our own worlds.

There were times when you laughed so loud.
My heart’s joy’s magnified by your smile.
Now it’s time to walk our separate paths,
But I won’t forget you even for a while.

You taught me to be a determined one;
In hardships and pain, you cheered me up.
I’ll try to contain the sorrows of mine
Till the times we’re together will suddenly stop.

Memories of yours will linger inside.
If I were to wish, I’d wish for more time.
Yet I guess there’s no choice but to go and part,
We must hardly continue each other’s climb.

It’s time for us to realize our dreams,
But you are my dream and you have your own.
For years I have lived and now must I say
Thanks for the care that you have shown.

I know our time shall end up here,
Memories of the past should ne’er be missed.
I’ll remember your smiles and laughter
That brought my lonely life a twist.

For years of our friendship and joy,
My happiness could never be denied.
When you came to my life, it’s awesome that
My dark, colorless world then has been dyed.

This letter contains all the memories,
The fears, the dreams I’ve ever treasured.
Just remember you’ve been my healing.
By you, my wounds and aches were cured.

Now that we ought to take our own visions and tracks,
We must learn to accept the chances to fly.
As soon as you should leave your friend,
Do not ever forget to tell me goodbye…

"It really isn't a goodbye between us. We just ought to bid farewell to the moments we can never drag back especially since life is more like it. We are both busy and occupied with one another's priorities.

Yes, I should accept this painful, albeit fateful truth. I am left with no option but to submit to life's offered choice though it is never that easy.


*****


No comments:

Post a Comment